Kleins Fish Market
The Klein history in the fish industry began in 1924. Ollie Klein Sr., peddled fish from his truck through Asbury Park, Ocean Grove and the Neptune area. In 1928, he opened Klein’s Fresh Air Fish Market in a rented store along Fifth Avenue at the Old Captain Kidd’s Landing in Belmar. A few months later, he purchased property at 708 River Rd. and opened Klein’s Fish Market at its current location in 1929.